Make sure your organization complies with the AIFMD on time
The AIFM Directive has come into force in 2014. The implementation of this directive substantially increases the demands and obligations of fund managers. Besides that, the Netherlands Authority for the Financial Markets (AFM) handles a much more strict interpretation of regulation than they did in the past.
The old license has been automatically converted to an AIFMD license for many fund managers. These managers haven’t completely realized what the consequences are of this new regulation. In recent months, the AFM has determined that many of these organizations aren’t compliant. Many fund managers have a lot of work to do in order to avoid supervisory actions. Now that the AFM has announced that it’s going to review these fund managers in 2018, the risk of supervisory actions is becoming a reality.
We protect your organization
Our compliance advisors know exactly what is demanded from fund managers by the AIFMD and regulators. We also maintain good relations with the regulator, so we know which interpretation the AFM applies to the AIFMD.
We offer support in the following areas:
Overview (current and new legislation)
- With our online tool Ruler we can provide you with a clear overview of all regulation applicable to your organization.
- We can offer insight into regulation that will come into effect in the (near) future and provide assistance during implementation thereof.
- By performing a gap analysis, we can show you to what extent you already comply with the AIFM Directive.
- Together, we can draw up a recovery plan in order to make your organization compliant with the relevant legislation and regulation as quickly as possible.
- We can advise you on the structure of your organization to keep it compliant with the demands of the AFM.
- We offer training for you and your employees to help raise awareness about AIFMD and other regulations.
- We offer support with setting up a proficient compliance role.
- We are able to offer an external Compliance Officer.
And if worst comes to worst, we can also support you during talks with the AFM.
Why Charco & Dique?
Charco & Dique’s specialists deal with the AIFMD daily and know what fund managers should do to comply with the demands posed by this directive. In addition, our tool Ruler gives us a complete and thorough insight and overview of the complex network of regulation that is applicable to fund managers. We also have much experience with improvement projects. Thanks to our good relations with the AFM, we know what view the regulator has on AIFMD topics.
Want to know more?
At Charco & Dique, we not only have detailed knowledge of the ever-changing financial laws and regulations, we also have the experience to support our clients in their application like no other. Sometimes strategic, sometimes pragmatic, but always sustainable and forward-looking. Would you like to know more about the possibilities? Please contact us.