Obtaining regulatory licenseAsk us a question
As a financial organization in the Netherlands, you must have a license from one of the regulatory authorities. Applying for such a license is a complex matter and requires thorough preparation. Licence applications that are complete and of good quality have the best chance of success. We can help you with your application or the extension of an existing license.
AFM or DNB license
We have extensive experience with license applications for, among others:
- Investment institutions, such as private equity, hedge, real estate, equity and bond funds (AIFMD);
- Undertakings for Collective Investment in Transferable Securities (UCITS);
- Investment firms, such as asset managers, brokers etc. (MiFID II);
- Payment institutions and payment service providers (PSD2);
- Electronic Money institutions (EMIs); and
- Financial service providers, such as providers of consumer credit, investment objects, insurance brokers, etc.
As a result, we are qualified to assist you during the application process for a new license, or for the extension of an existing license. From drawing up procedures and preparing documentation to maintaining contact with the supervisory authority.
Charco & Dique is a great sparring partner. Their knowledge of and experience with the AFM has important added value in the successful completion of a complex license application.
Starter pack for small businesses
For smaller businesses, applying for a license can seem like an expensive and time-consuming commitment. We are happy to help you simplify this complex process. We also offer starter packages for certain (small) financial service providers. This gives you full insight into the steps of the license application process. In addition, the package consists of:
- a kick-off meeting with an explanation of the application process;
- a customized checklist for the required policies and procedures;
- assistance and a short review of the relevant parts of the business plan and business description.